Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Review: Jordana Powder Blush

While perusing through my local K-Mart, I stumbled upon a newly revamped Jordana display. I'm a huge fan of their new long-wearing eyeliners and lip crayons, but I had yet to try the blushes. Since they were BOGO 50%, I picked up two: Rose Silk & Coral Sandy Beach.

Packaging: C
It's pretty simple and user-friendly. No fuss, no muss. I did notice that the packages were almost all scuffed, so I'm going to assume they don't stand the test of time (or a chewing dog). I'm contemplating deporting them and sticking them in a z palette since I doubt I will have much patience to unscrew a lid when I'm running late. One thing I did notice was the scent. It's a icky chemical/powder scent, but I'm not sensitive to smells so I don't mind.

Rose Silk

Coral Sandy Beach

Ingredients: F
Right off the bat, you can see that a paraben is the 5th ingredient. Normally, parabens are listed closer to the end and therefore, a lower concentration in the product. It has talc and two different types of phthalates. There is some chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) flower extract, but I haven't detected it's scent or calming properties. If you want to learn more about the ingredients in your cosmetics, check out ewg.org and go under consumer guides.


Pigmentation/Wear: B
The matte shade (rose silk) is much more pigmented than the shimmer shade (coral sandy beach), but I find this to be true of most powder products. Regardless of pigmentation, they apply nicely to the skin. They can be a bit chalky if applied with a heavy hand. I didn't notice any patchiness throughout the day, but they are definitely not a long-wear blush. Rose silk is a dusty rose/mauve shade and coral sandy beach is a peachy pink shade with golden glitter. I think these shades are great everyday colors for anyone below NC/NW 40, but I did notice that they had some brighter shades that would suit darker skin tones beautifully.

Rose Silk
Coral Sandy Beach


Rose Silk
Coral Sandy Beach
With Flash
Overall: meh
I would equate these blushes to that boyfriend you only dated because he was ridiculously good-looking, but would rather date him on mute: all sparkle, no substance. If you're not picky about ingredients or packaging, these are a decent inexpensive option for those starting out with makeup or trying out a new shade. They have a variety of shades, so you can experiment without breaking the bank! You can find them at Walgreens and K-mart, as far as I know. I won't be purchasing any more shades, since I think Wet n Wild or e.l.f blushes have better quality. I would love to know if any of you have tried them or know of any high-end blushes that they resemble. I'm thinking that coral sandy beach looks very similar to NARS orgasm, but I don't own orgasm so you'll have to let me know.

xoxo,
B&TB

No comments:

Post a Comment